Chosen to be the seat of host the main seat of the Unitary Patent Court, the capital of Luxury goods and home to some of the world’s most famous brands, will be the capital of IP this December. Join us in Paris on December 9, 10 and 11 for the next Paneuropean IP Summit.
2013: FOLLOW THE IP MONEY
||Issues tackled this year
PATENTS (9 & 10 December)
• IP according to Goldman Sachs: progress or next bubble?
• R&D, innovation, production, design and now finance: is IP finally getting transversal?
• I think, therefore I think IP: educating your board & CEO.
• Is the path to the Unitary Patent cleared of most pitfalls, except for Spain and Poland? Find out why it's not already done, and which additional delays are to be expected.
• Securing doors while leaving open the windows: does it protect you right against Chinese co. et al.? And what about a Europe without the innovation boost? Why most industrials are showing reluctance regarding the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court, and why they are mainly wrong.
• Will the new system be too complicated? What do you need to know about costs, central and local/regional jurisdictions, forum shopping attractions, and the rules of procedure?
• Will the United States issue a new reform of its patent system, only two years after the AIA comes into effect?
• What are the future moves to be expected from the so-called NPEs? Will Europe become a new playground for them?
• Are large high-tech buyers really no more hungry for big portfolios - as the rumour says? What can you do now if you have patents for sale, and what should you consider on the buying side?
• Why patents are becoming more and more an issue for antitrust authorities? How can you work around the potential issues for your company and partners?
… and many more insights about patent strategies, litigation, valuation, monetization, etc. directly from the boardroom.
TRADEMARKS (11 December)
• Internet: How to be ubiquitous and clairvoyant in order to keep brands and images under control?
• What is the alternative when trademark is not enough and design is too much?
• Is prevention the key of a successful trademark strategy?
• New gTLDs, Trademark Clearinghouse, what is up in the Internet environment?
• The input of the IP Translator case? A lot of questions for a single box to tick. What is the best for practitioners: “class heading covers all” approach vs. “it means what it says” option.
• Anti-counterfeiting: What is the European Commission plotting?
• Inside Wahaha vs. Danone Case: Lessons from a "Mariage à trois".
… and many other relevant topics to be tackled with a focus on the luxury sector!